Since beginning in 2006, Rotary Winter Wonderland has provided over 650,000 food items to food pantries in Marshfield and the surrounding area. The project requires the valuable help of volunteer organizations and businesses. While our 15th season will look a little different, we are excited about moving forward with another year of Christmas magic. We have consulted with numerous health officials in Wood County and the Marshfield Clinic Health System to ensure that we take necessary safety precautions for this event to run as smoothly and safely as possible. The food pantries that we serve need us, now, more than ever before.
The following is a summary of how our project will look this year in order to safely operate:
- Individuals 12 years and older are preferred for Set-Up and Take-Down. Younger children will need to be very closely supervised by an adult. No special skills are required.
- The main “Set Up Saturdays” will be: October 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st
- Groups are asked to commit to a number of people ahead of time for an 8AM-11AM shift or a 11AM-2PM shift, so we can best plan for what to get done on each day as well as help us to organize so that we can minimize groups intermingling.
- Refreshments will be limited for set-up days to avoid gathering in the Ludwig building.
- Groups may be able to volunteer on alternative days of the week. Please let us know if you have specific dates that your group would be available.
- Groups may have opportunities to take responsibility for setting up a specific area of the park. We would recognize your group with signage in front of your displays. Let us know if you would like to “adopt” a section of the park. We will provide all materials and train your leaders.
- We need groups to greet guests and collect food donations each night the park is open (Friday, November 27th through Thursday December 31st), Dates will be assigned on first come, first serve basis. Children are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Weeknights (Sun-Thurs) – two shifts, (4:45 – 7 p.m. and 6:45 – 9 p.m.), This year we are asking groups to be limited to 8 volunteers at a time to promote social distancing.
- Weekends (Fri & Sat) – these nights will need to be staffed 4:45-9 p.m. This year we are asking groups to be limited to 10 volunteers at a time to promote social distancing.
- A list of available collection nights (updated often, but not real-time) are listed here.
COUNTING YOUR HOURS:
- Non-profit groups will be provided a monetary donation for the amount of hours provided to the project. Just like last year, volunteer leaders will be responsible for tracking their group’s hours for set-up and take-down using the form on the back of this letter and reporting hours to us no later than March 1st, 2021. Please use the form included on the back of this letter, to report your hours. They can be scanned and emailed to us at email@example.com.
Due to the nature of our volunteer project, we are relying on commitment from groups earlier than usual. Someone from our committee will be following up with your organization in the next several weeks to gauge interest and provide further details on any questions or concerns you may have. If you know for sure that members of your organization plan to help with set-up, take-down or staffing a food collection night, please let us know as soon as possible via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook at “Marshfield Rotary Winter Wonderland”. We are looking forward to seeing you this season!
Danielle Nystrom, Jenny King & Sarah Chy